Deadline: 15 November 2014
Open to: applicants from one of the Chevening country with university degree
Scholarship: covered tuition fees, travel costs a living allowance
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations offer Chevening scholarships for master students. The programme provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree in any subject and at any UK University. The Chevening programme makes awards to talented individuals who demonstrate the potential to become future leaders, decision makers and opinion formers. Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Meet the academic requirements for their chosen course of study;
- Have a good standard of written and spoken English;
- Be a citizen of a Chevening country;
- Have a minimum of two years’ work experience;
- Not be employees, relatives of employees, or former employees (who left within the past two years) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies and High Commissions), a partner (sponsor), a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities;
- Not have previously studied in the UK under a UK Government-funded scholarship;
- Not have dual British nationality (unless you are a Citizen of a British Overseas Territory).
Chevening scholarships cover tuition fees, a living allowance at a set rate (depend on whether you will study inside or outside London), an economy class return airfare to the UK and additional grants to cover essential expenditure. Some scholarships cover part of the cost of studying in the UK; for example, tuition fees only or allowances only.
You can apply by using online application system. Deadline for applications is 15 November 2014.
For further information, please visit the official website.
Deadline: 27 August 2014
Open to: young people between 15-29 years old from CEE, CIS and MENA regions
Venue: 22-28 September 2014 in Istanbul, Turkey
The International Youth Leadership Academy (IYLA), created and based in Istanbul by a community of international and Turkish partner organizations, is a space for non-formal education, capacity building and enhancement of leadership skills for youth. IYLA is now organizing the International training“Youth in Peace Education” that will be held from 22nd till 28th September 2014 in Istanbul and will gather 30 participants (20 international and 10 participants from Turkey). The training will be conducted based on the experience and knowledge of experts and trainers from Habitat Center for Development and Governance and UNICEF long with Peace Educators. The training aims to develop the capacity, skills and experience of the participants on understanding and defining concepts such as identity, stereotypes, discrimination, violence, conflict and peace as well as meaning of those in peace building, conflict transformation and conflict analysis processes.
In order to be eligible you must:
- Be between 15-29 years old;
- Be from CEE, CIS and MENA regions (participants from other parts of the world are also encouraged but the priority will be given to the applications from those regions);
- Represent a youth NGO or be involved in youth work (priority will be given to those that work on conflict resolution or/peace studies as well as youth participation);
- Be willing to play an active role in the sessions;
- Have the opportunity to share their new knowledge, skills and contacts within their own organizations and carry out follow-up activities.
The organizers will cover meals, accommodation and travel costs.
Interested participants can apply online HERE. Supporting agencies or organizations are requested to send a reference letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating how your participation is important for the sending organization in conducting similar activities in your own community.
The deadline to apply is 27 August, 17.30 (GMT+2). Participants will be selected by 5 September 2014.
For further information you can write to: email@example.com or visit the official call.